Ductless Mini Split Repair and Installation
Professional Repair & Installation of Mini Split Systems
If you have a sunroom, an addition, or some other space that you need cooled and heated but don’t need a complete system, you need a ductless mini-split, Owyhee Heating, and Air Conditioning install. We have been building our business in the Nampa, Idaho area for over 70 years. In that time, our service techs have become experts in the heating and air conditioning field. This includes being able to install ductless mini-split units, whether it be in a small sunroom or a multi-head unit that covers most of your home.
What is a ductless mini-split system?
Ductless mini-split systems are highly flexible systems. Like a traditional heating and air conditioning system, they will consist of indoor and outdoor components. However, unlike the conventional system, you can pair multiple indoor units with one outdoor unit, which gives you the potential to run a whole home off one outdoor unit, even though you are utilizing various indoor units.
Another thing that makes ductless mini-split different from traditional split system units is that they are entirely ductless. While the conventional systems had to have a main trunk run through your house and vents leading off of it, a ductless system is mounted where it is installed and moves the air around your room from there.
What is a ductless mini-split system?
Due to their compact size and flexibility, ductless mini splits are very popular in multi-unit complexes.
- People who are adding onto their home, but their traditional unit cannot support the extra square feet of the addition.
- Apartment buildings
- Nursing homes
- Anyone is looking to save some extra money.
With their standard configuration, these systems will mount on the wall with an attractive housing that will hold the coil and blower fan. This is usually mounted close to the ceiling and will also house the controls for the system. If you opt for the indoor units that are installed in-ceiling or floor options, they will be mounted differently.
What is to gain from installing a ductless mini-split
When you install a ductless mini-split, you are having an extremely efficient air conditioning system put into your home. They are also very quiet, with customers commonly claiming that they can’t even hear it running indoors and outdoors.
- Energy savings, when you install a ductless mini-split, you are only cooling the area of your home that the ductless mini-split is in. Therefore, you are saving money by not having to cool the entire house.
- Heating and cooling your home without having ductwork. Ductless mini-splits are extremely quiet and efficient, so they are excellent choices if you have a smaller home that needs to be conditioned.
- The installation is quick and easy. These systems are not made to be brazed, and the traditional style is usually mounted on an outside wall making installation a breeze.
- They are flexible on how they are installed. You can purchase wall-mounted traditional style units or through the ceiling models that will look similar to a conventional vent grill or get floor models.
Should you repair your ductless mini-split
Ductless mini-splits, like most units, will have a life expectancy of around 10 years. If your unit is less than ten years old, it will be good to go ahead and have it fixed. Ductless mini-splits tend to be set up differently than traditional split systems, so we ensure that all of our technicians are extensively trained and equipped to diagnose and repair ductless mini-splits.
Should you replace your ductless mini-split
Ductless mini-splits are like most other heating and air equipment. You can expect to get around 10 to 15 years of usage. So once your ductless mini-split has reached that age, it may be time to consider replacing it. You will want to consider things like how much it costs you to maintain your system. Suppose your mini-split is regularly having issues costing you significant amounts of money. In that case, you may want to consider replacing it with a new unit that comes with a good warranty.