Furnace Repair Experts
Looking for an Furnace Repair? Call Owyhee Heating Today!
No one wants their furnace to break down in the middle of winter, but it always seems to happen on the coldest days. Whether your furnace continues to limp along or has broken down for good, you need to call Owyhee Heating and Air Conditioning. We are the hometown heating and air service company that will go above and beyond to ensure that you are not left out in the cold.
If your furnace stops working, you may be wondering what it could be that has gone wrong. With a quick phone call, our well-trained and experienced service technicians will be on their way to get your furnace back up and running in no time. Even if it is after hours, we offer 24-hour emergency calls.
Common furnace issues
What are some of the common issues that may be troubling your furnace?
- No power, or it is powered on, but there is no warm air
- The air is not hot. It is only warm or even cool
- The furnace is running or coming on more than usual
- It is making loud, unusual noises
- Strange odors are coming from the furnace or vents
- There is excessive dust or smoke in the air
- An increase in energy bills
If you are experiencing any of these issues, please give us a call. We know that your furnace will not generally break down at the most reasonable times. That is why we do our best to arrive as quickly as possible while having as many essential parts on our vehicles as possible that we may need to repair your furnace.
Carbon monoxide issues
Most people are aware that their furnace puts out carbon monoxide, which most of the time is vented outside without any danger to your home or family. However, one specific issue that can put your family at risk is a cracked heat exchanger. This is when the component inside your furnace that holds all of the heat develops a crack and will potentially let the fumes from burning the fuel into the air that is being pushed into your home.
What will you need to look for if you think your furnace has a cracked heat exchanger?
- Flu-like symptoms
- Headaches that go away once you leave the home
- Difficulty breathing
If you or anyone else is experiencing any of these symptoms, you will need to immediately turn off all of the gas-burning appliances and call us as soon as possible. Carbon monoxide is an odorless, tasteless, and very deadly gas that can build up in your home.
How we help stop carbon monoxide
We will thoroughly inspect your furnace to ensure proper operation whenever we are at your home doing preventive maintenance or a service call. Some of the things that we may do will include.
- Gas pressure checks to ensure you have the proper gas flow.
- Heat exchanger inspection, making sure that there are no cracks.
- Inspect the gas lines for leaks
- Test the limits and rollouts to ensure the safeties are working properly
- Test and inspect all carbon monoxide testers within your home.
Ensuring that you have low-level carbon monoxide testers installed and regularly testing them will prevent possible disasters.
Benefits of Preventive Maintenance
Most problems that your furnace will face could have been avoided with proper and regular preventive maintenance. We will inspect things such as diagnosing the vent system, inspecting your return grilles, ensuring the drain is working correctly, cleaning the blower, and ensuring that all the electronics and controls are operating correctly and in the way they should. Calling us in the fall to give your furnace proper maintenance and cleaning will provide you with many benefits.
- Your furnace will have a longer service life when it operates correctly.
- Your system may experience increased efficiency once malfunctioning components have been replaced.
- There could be a reduction in the cost of running your furnace.
- Having heat exchanger inspections done will ensure that your heat exchanger is not damaged and that you are safe from carbon monoxide.
- Improving your indoor air quality
- If adequately maintained, there will be a far less need for frequent repairs on your unit.
Let a Furnace Repair Professional Help You
If you’re looking for a Heating professional for your Furnace problems, call us, and will send out a technician that can help provide quality service!
When you need a problem solved, call the pros. We’re available 24 hours day and night to help with any issues – guaranteed satisfaction every time! Speak to our friendly and local professionals today day/night call (208) 466-8401 for quick service and very competitive prices.