Meridian Furnace Repair
Before long, the chilly weather of the Meridian, ID winter will arrive, and when that time comes, having a healthy heating system will suddenly become imperative for your home. Obviously, the hope is that your furnace or heat pump will simply continue to run smoothly throughout the winter, but that’s never a guarantee. Even if you’re a responsible, proactive homeowner, there’s always a chance that your heating equipment will malfunction, have a component wear out, or suffer some sort of damage. When that happens, though, you can’t go wrong by contacting Owyhee Heating & Air Conditioning. We’re proud to provide quality heating services to residents of the Meridian area, and we truly care about your family’s comfort. If your heating system is under the weather, our skilled, NATE-certified technicians will have the perfect remedy.
Common Furnace Noises and What They Mean
Have you noticed that your home’s furnace is suddenly making strange, loud noises during operation? This is relatively common, and regardless of whether it’s a banging, booming, squealing, or any other sort of persistent sound, it’s not something that should be ignored. The fact is, any type of loud noise coming from your furnace is a red flag. Unlike heat pumps, which tend to be relatively noisy even when everything’s working properly, furnaces are supposed to be relatively quiet. Not only is a loud furnace annoying, but it’s also an indicator that something mechanically is wrong with the appliance. If you don’t act soon by giving your local heating professionals a call, you could end up with a broken-down furnace in the middle of winter.
- Scraping Sound – Most commonly, a scraping noise is a symptom of worn-out ball bearings or a loose blower wheel.
- Banging Sound – Banging noises from your furnace are usually small gas explosions, which are a sign of an ignition delay. The root cause could be a clogged or dirty burner or a gas pressure issue.
- Squealing Sound – Usually, any sort of high-pitched squealing or shrieking is the result of a motor problem, such as a damaged belt.
- Rattling Sound – If your furnace is making a rattling noise, it probably means that one of its parts has become loose and is moving around within the appliance.
- Whistling Sound – Most commonly, a whistling noise coming from your heating system is a sign of restricted airflow, which is often caused by a clogged air filter. Try switching out the filter for a new one; if that doesn’t work, give us a call.
- Humming Sound – While a quiet humming sound is nothing to worry about, a pronounced humming sound could mean that there’s a severe problem with your furnace’s capacitor or blower fan.
In addition to promptly calling your trusted local HVAC professionals, you should immediately shut down your furnace upon hearing any of these noises. Letting the appliance continue to run could result in the problem getting significantly worse. Not only will dealing with the issue become more of a hassle, but you’ll also end up spending more money to have it repaired. As long as you schedule an appointment with our team, you shouldn’t have to wait too long for your heating system to be back up and running at peak efficiency and performance.
Symptoms of an Ailing Heating System
A big part of being a responsible homeowner is paying attention when your appliances are trying to tell you something. Usually, when your furnace isn’t running in tiptop shape, there will be noticeable symptoms that it displays. While most symptoms can be signs of more than one specific problem, what’s most important is that you recognize the fact that something’s wrong. You can leave the actual diagnosis to our experienced team of heating technicians, who will inspect the system thoroughly and figure out exactly what’s causing the problem. If you want to keep your heating unit as healthy, efficient, and effective as possible, be diligent about watching for the following red flags:
- Discolored pilot light (should always be blue)
- Poor, uneven, or inconsistent heating performance
- Blowing cold air
- Strange noises
- Strange odors
- Trouble starting up
- Poor energy efficiency (rising heating bills)
- Worsened indoor air quality
Honest and Professional Service
If you’re located in the greater Meridian area, you’ll always be in good hands when you hire Owyhee Heating & Air Conditioning to handle a job. With every service we provide, our team emphasizes professionalism, high-quality work, and compassionate customer service. We truly care about helping people, and we want to do our part to keep you comfortable and safe all year long. We’ve been serving this region for over 70 years, and we look forward to serving it for many decades to come. Is your heating system having problems? We offer flexible appointment scheduling and 24/7 emergency repairs, so don’t hesitate to give us a call today.
Meridian Idaho’s most trusted heating and cooling company. Give Owyhee Heating a call at (208) 466-8401 to experience the difference! Have you been considering a new heating or cooling company? Consider Owyhee Heating, we’re proud to serve the Meridian Idaho area!