Nampa Air Conditioning Repair
You can always rely on us for the best in cooling service and repairs in Nampa Idaho
The better you take care of your air conditioner, the better it’s going to perform, and the healthier it’s going to be. However, even if you do everything possible to keep your cooling system in tiptop shape, there’s no guarantee that it won’t malfunction or break down. The fact is, A/C units are complex appliances with many components working together, and there’s always a chance that something will wear out, become damaged, or act up. When something does go wrong with your air conditioner, what’s important is that you have local HVAC technicians that you can rely on. If you’re in the greater Nampa, ID area, you should call Owyhee Heating & Air Conditioning whenever you need any kind of cooling repair. Our technicians are experts when it comes to all sorts of A/C problems, and they’ll be able to deploy the perfect solution for whatever issue you’re experiencing.
Why Is Your Air Conditioner Making Unusual Noises?
One common symptom that your air conditioner needs repairs is the presence of strange noises coming from the appliance. Generally speaking, any time that your A/C unit suddenly starts producing sounds that you’ve never noticed before, it’s a definite red flag. That said, there are various different types of sounds you may be hearing, and each of them means something different.
- Banging Noise – Usually, if you hear a loud banging when your air conditioner is running, it means that there’s a problem with the unit’s compressor. The compressor has the important job of distributing refrigerant to different parts of your HVAC system to keep your household cool. The banging noise could mean that something has become loose and is getting knocked around inside the compressor. When this occurs, you’ll want to have trained professionals come to inspect the appliance as soon as possible.
- Screeching Noise – There are a few different things a screeching air conditioner could mean, but all of them require professional assistance. The most common causes of this type of noise are a malfunctioning fan motor in the outdoor condenser unit, a damaged blower fan motor, or a damaged fan belt.
- Humming Noise – If your A/C unit is making a noticeable humming noise, it most likely means that you’re dealing with a defective contactor relay switch. The switch’s primary function is to start the outdoor condenser unit when it receives a signal from the thermostat. If the switch is malfunctioning, you shouldn’t be able to start up your air conditioner until you have a technician remedy the issue.
- Rattling Noise – In most cases, a rattling noise from your air conditioner is indicative of loose leaves, sticks, or debris moving around in your outdoor condenser unit. In that case, you can disassemble the condenser to remove whatever’s making the noise. However, the rattling could also mean that the system’s electrical contractor is damaged. If that’s the case, you’ll need to have it professionally repaired promptly to avoid the compressor becoming seriously damaged.
Signs You Need A/C Repairs
As long as you know what to look for, your air conditioner will typically let you know when something isn’t right. Although every type of equipment failure is different, there are a handful of common symptoms that tend to appear with many separate issues. If you want to improve your A/C unit’s longevity and enjoy the best possible cooling results, it’s always wise to keep your eyes, ears, and nose open for any of these indicators. And if you realize that any of these things are occurring, you should give us a call and let our technicians do what they do best.
- Unusual sounds or smells
- Leaking water or refrigerant
- Inefficient operation (increased energy bills)
- Worsened cooling ability
- Hot air blowing from vents
- Increased indoor humidity
- Worsened indoor air quality
Our technicians know just what to look for to achieve an accurate diagnosis of whatever’s ailing your cooling system. They also come equipped with the tools and knowledge needed to effectively repair a wide variety of air conditioner problems.
Call Our Offices Today!
Since 1946, we at Owyhee Heating & Air Conditioning have been proudly serving the greater Nampa area. We care deeply about your comfort, and when we accept a job, customer satisfaction is our highest priority. We understand how frustrating an A/C problem can be, and our team will be empathetic and compassionate about whatever you’re dealing with. So, if your air conditioner is struggling or just flat-out not working, there’s no reason to hesitate; give us a call today and schedule an appointment with our friendly team.
Caldwell Idaho’s most trusted heating and cooling company. Give Owyhee Heating a call at (208) 466-8401 to experience the difference! Have you been considering a new heating or cooling company? Consider Owyhee Heating, we’re proud to serve the Caldwell Idaho area!