Eagle Idaho Furnace Repair
Owyhee Heating is the company to call if you need any furnace repair services.
Your furnace is an extremely important part of your Eagle, ID household, and if you take good care of it, it will take good care of you. While consistently maintaining the appliance is a huge part of keeping it in good shape, it’s equally important that you react appropriately when your furnace encounters any sort of mechanical failure. In the vast majority of cases, the wisest thing you can do when something is hampering your furnace is to contact Owyhee Heating & Air Conditioning. We have a team of expert heating technicians who are skilled, licensed, and certified, and they can provide a long-lasting solution for any malady your heating unit is experiencing.
Is Your Furnace’s Pilot Light Discolored?
- Steady Blue Flame – A steady blue flame from your furnace’s pilot light is exactly what you want to see. If the flame is a consistent blue color with very little flickering, that indicates that the gas and air pressure are right where they need to be, and you have nothing to be concerned about.
- Flickering Yellow Flame – If the pilot light on your gas furnace has a yellow color and is flickering frequently, it typically tells you that air is leaking into the line and preventing the appliance from burning gas effectively. Alternatively, it could be a sign that the furnace’s thermocouple is malfunctioning and not feeding enough gas to the flame. When your heating unit’s pilot light is yellow and flickering, you should shut down the furnace and give your local HVAC professionals a call.
- Bright Orange Flame – If you notice that your furnace has a bright orange pilot light, it’s something that you should immediately take seriously. This color is a sign that too much gas is being fed to the flame, and if that excess gas starts leaking out into your home, it can create a significant health hazard in your home. In worst-case scenarios, it may even cause a carbon monoxide buildup, which can be life-threatening to you and your family. If you encounter a bright orange pilot light, you should stop using the furnace immediately, double-check that your carbon monoxide detector is functioning properly, and enlist the help of trained technicians.
Signs Your Furnace Needs Repairs
The average homeowner can’t be expected to diagnose or repair furnace problems on their own. However, two things that they can do are realize when something’s wrong and make the move to get professional assistance. At Owyhee Heating & Air Conditioning, the members of our heating team show up to every job with the right equipment and the necessary expertise to fix whatever’s ailing your furnace. All you need to do is make the call to get them there.
Every furnace and household situation are different, which means the symptoms you notice with a struggling unit won’t always be identical. However, the following red flags are all pretty common, and observing one or more of them is a clear sign that you should have your heating system professionally inspected.
- Inexplicably rising heating costs
- Poor flow of warm air
- Strange noises or smells
- Poor household air quality
- Hot and cold spots around your home
- System short-cycling
- Trouble starting up
- Blowing cold air
Give Us a Call Today!
For residents of the Eagle and the surrounding areas, reliable heating service is always only a phone call away. Our friendly staff is ready to take your calls, answer any questions or concerns you have, and get you scheduled with a convenient appointment. We also offer free, upfront pricing estimates, and our team will work with you closely to ensure the provided solution meets all of your needs and preferences. Exceptional customer service and high-quality workmanship are always our top priorities, and over the last 70+ years, we’ve built a reputation for providing both. If you’re in need of furnace repair or you just feel like something’s not right with your heating system, don’t hesitate to reach out. We look forward to hearing from you and helping your household get back on track.
Eagles Idaho’s most trusted heating and cooling company. Give Owyhee Heating a call at (208) 466-8401 to experience the difference! Have you been considering a new heating or cooling company? Consider Owyhee Heating, we’re proud to serve the Eagle Idaho area!